A walk through Gdańsk’s Old Town and Downtown
Gdańsk history goes back a thousand years. It has an important place in Polish consciousness as the location of the start of World War II and where the fall of Communism in Central Europe began.
This route is perfect for those visiting Gdańsk for the first time. It includes two historical districts filled with fascinating sights.
Key locations on this route:
- The Grand Mill (Wielki Młyn)
- Old Town City Hall (Ratusz Staromiejski)
- St. Nicholas' Church (Kościół św. Mikołaja)
- King's Chapel (Kaplica Królewska)
- Gdańsk Crane (Żuraw Gdański)
- the Old Port on the Motława River (Stary Port na Motławie)
- Długi Targ Street
- Gdańsk Downtown City Hall (Ratusz Głównego Miasta w Gdańsku)
- Artus Court (Dwór Artusa)
- the Hall of Gdańsk (Sień Gdańska)
- St. Mary's Street (Ulica Mariacka)
- St. Mary's Church (Kościół Mariacki)
This route will take you to the city's most important historical sights and the places that define its current character.